Information Literacy Coordinator at University of North Texas
Higher Education | Dallas/Fort Worth Area, US
An academic reference librarian focusing on technology & user experience, who values exceptional customer service and believes the library is a growing organism.
Specialties: PC, Mac, Linux Operating Systems & Software;
Email, Calendar & File Management;
Microsoft, MS-Office & SharePoint;
Web Design & Development (html, css);
Wordpress, Joomla, RedDot, & Drupal CMS;
Website management with CPanel;
Blackboard LMS & Wimba Collaborative Learning System;
Ex Libris’ Voyager & Liblime’s Koha ILS;
Digital Cameras, Scanning, & Photo/Video Editing;
Wikis, Podcasting, Blogging;
Social Networking, Social Media, & Web 2.0
2015 - Present
Information Literacy Coordinator / University of North Texas
- Information Literacy Coordinator for the Public Services Division of the UNT Libraries.
- Graduate Library Assistant Coordinator for the Library Learning Services (LLS) Department.
- Subject Librarian and Liaison to the Department of Learning Technologies and the Department of Library and Information Sciences in the College of Information.
Librarian II - Reference / Texas Woman's University
Am responsible to:
- Conduct general and special library tours and deliver specialized lectures on library resources and research methods.
- Strengthen the Libraries’ Information Literacy Program through the development of emerging technology instructional materials.
- Support Library and University technology needs through service on the University Information Technology Committee.
- Work as part of Faculty Information Research Support Team (F.I.R.S.T.) to conduct detailed reference/research interviews and related research for computer based bibliographic database searches and document delivery as part of the Library's liaison program for faculty.
- Participate in the development of survey instruments to verify the effectiveness of the Library's research services.
- Evaluate and recommend software and hardware to meet the digital data/text needs of the library users.
- Assist the library web spinner in the development, maintenance and evaluation of the library web pages.
- Support the implementation of the library systems and the application of various emerging research services.
- Meet formally and informally with faculty to learn about student research needs.
- Help with the scheduling, training, supervision, and evaluation of the student assistants.
Adjunct Instructor / Texas Woman's University
Courses taught include:
LS 3002 Information Literacy
LS 5263 Reference
LS 5403 Library Technology Systems
LS 5903 Special Topics: Information Sources in the Social Sciences
LS 5903 Special Topics: Advanced Web Development
Librarian I - Reference / Texas Woman's University
Was responsible to:
- Participate in planning, development & implementation of innovative tools and services, including the selection of appropriate software packages and programs in order to support the library staff in the development a full array of reference and research services as needed by the University
- Develop informational and marketing materials describing the Library's resources and research services and contributes content regularly to the Library's web pages and virtual reference services
- Participate in the development of marketing materials to increase awareness by the students and faculty of the Library's resources and services
- Work closely with the Assistant Director for Research Services in order to determine digital data/text needs of the Library’s user community and the most appropriate way to meet those requirements
- Work as part of Faculty Information Research Support Team (F.I.R.S.T.) to conduct detailed reference/research interviews and related research for computer based bibliographic database searches and document delivery as part of the Library's liaison program for faculty
- Collaborate with Reference Librarians to manage networked public workstations in the reference area and assists in the design and provision of electronic resources
- Conduct general and special library tours and develops and delivers specialized lectures on library resources and research methods
- Participate in the development of survey instruments to verify the effectiveness of the Library's research services
- Meet formally and informally with faculty to learn about student research needs
- Help with the scheduling, training, supervision, and evaluation of the student assistants who work in area as well as those who work throughout the Library at night and on the weekend rotation schedule
Library Assistant III - Reference / Texas Woman's University
Was responsible for:
- Answering patron questions and providing library service at the Information Desk.
- Assisting patrons in learning the use of standard bibliographic tools, computer-based applications, and microform equipment.
- Conducting patron tours and other bibliographic education programs.
- Reviewing new Reference books and associated bibliographic information for correctness.
- Processing incoming database literature search packets and summarizing database log statistics.
- Participating in learning computer database literature search techniques and procedures, and performing selected database search requests.
- Checking book and periodical listings in the Public Catalog or Periodical Holdings File and standard bibliographic tools.
- Preparing order cards.
- Producing textual matter and correspondence.
- Assisting with updates of loose-leaf information services and microfiche services.
- Recording statistics on applicable Reference activities.
- Cooperating regularly with library staff members in covering duty stations as needed, particularly in emergency situations.
- Securing the library building and encouraging safe practices in the building, especially on assigned duty evenings and weekends.
- Maintaining on-going Reference component supplies and recommending replacement items as needs develop.
- Maintaining microform reader and microform reader-printer equipment.
- Participating in collection management of the Reference component collection, including weeding procedures.
- Maintaining the Reference Vertical File Collection. Ordering materials, assigning subject headings, and maintaining clear access to the physical Vertical Files.
- Supervising the Student Assistants, including Information Desk Assistants, Reference Assistants, and Shelvers.
- Processing Library Liaison Photocopy requests from Faculty for Reference Librarians.
- Overseeing the running and upkeep of forty computer workstations.
Manager / Waldenbooks (Borders Group, Inc).
Was accountable for:
- Achieving Company service and operational standards.
- Maximizing sales and profitability.
- Ensuring compliance to Company policies, programs and standards.
- Analyzing reports.
- Implementing marketing programs and merchandising standards.
- Operating cash register, LDT and computer accurately.
- Maintaining and enhancing the efficiency of the store.
- Maintaining a safe, clean and attractive store.
- Planning, interviewing and selection of staff.
- Supervising, training, developing and appraising staff.
- Applying uniform equitable work standards and policies for all staff.
- Communicating with District Manager, Home Office on issues that affect Company objectives.
- Representing Waldenbooks professionally to the public.
Waldenbooks - (Borders Group, Inc.) / Borders Group, Inc.
Store #1287 - Denton, Texas – Manager 1993 - 1997
Store #1718 - Lewisville, Texas - Assistant Manager 1992 - 1993
Store #0928 - Moscow, Idaho – Bookseller 1989 - 1992
Texas Woman's University
Library & Information Studies
Activities: Beta Phi Mu
University of Idaho
Communication, Photography / Film, minor emphasis, Art
Reicher Catholic High School